Friday, August 10, 2012

ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY BABE

Not really bit.  STUNG by a honeybee!  OUCHY.  Intense, burny, owee, jump in the pool PAIN!  And I'm a big-girl who has gone through childbirth, without meds and everything, but that shizz hurt!  So I jumped in the pool.  Luckily there WAS a pool right there for me to jump into otherwise I would have probably cried bawl-baby tears.  Seriously I don't whimp-out very often but damn, that pool was in the right place at the right time, thank you baby Jesus.

Honeybee flew right up my shorts (long shorts or this would be an entirely different story as in x-rated because I wouldn't hesitate to rip them suckers off to get at that perv bee).  Bee dead, me in pool, teenagers spared bleeding eyes from seeing my tush, pain slowly subsides to a tolerable degree to drive myself and the teens home.  After awhile I decided I needed some sympathy so I showed aforementioned teens my boo-boo.  Upon realizing they are indeed compassionate young humans, I couldn't help smiling to myself and thinking "awe, they get that from me"; they went grocery shopping and fixed dinner :D  I just went on to bed, got cold, then hot, then cold again and tossed and turned all night.

That's my right leg inner thigh.  I think my daughter took this picture, pretty sure my left leg is doing a lame burlesque kick right on the front porch (sorry, man on the bicycle) just so she could get a good enough angle.  This picture doesn't really show the extent of the swelling and redness, or the heat and pain of course but it does give you an idea of what made me decide that Benadryl was my friend.  Slept the better part of two days, think I had a fever, most def had some strange dreams.  Better now and the kids are back to their normally rebellious, "what's for dinner?", eye rolling, selves.  And I still want bees in my garden but NOT in my pants, thank-you very much!








No comments:

Post a Comment